This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lumi 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Kingdom
    Participant

Kingdom is a South Korean television series on Netflix that is shockingly good. I say shockingly because it somehow manages to mix history, culture, royalty, and zombies without seeming ridiculous. It’s a fantasy horror/thriller based on the webcomic series Kingdom of the Gods. The costumes are exquisite and the actors are clearly talented. Have you seen Kingdom? What do you think about it so far?

• #3002 Reply

creampeach
    Participant

It seems like zombies are gaining popularity in South Korea thanks to Train to Busan. I’ve heard that the episodes released so far are more like an introduction to something bigger. What do you think? I wish Kingdom didn’t use that season format from Western series. I think I’ll just binge-watch the series when it’s truly completed.

• #3022 Reply

Kingdom
    Participant

Oh, I definitely think there’s something big coming down the pipeline. The show is so good that I can’t bring myself to wait and binge-watch it in one go. Not to mention the plot would likely get spoiled for me since I know so many people who watch it.

• #3115 Reply

Kingdom
      Participant

ViolaBlue, I’ve watched a couple other K-dramas including The Heirs which was funny, but also moving at times and City Hunter which had a lot of nonstop action. Both of those are older shows than The Kingdom. I think Netflix has done an excellent job with The Kingdom and has helped bring K-dramas to a wider audience.

• #3059 Reply

ViolaBlue
    Participant

It’s great to hear that Kingdom lives up to its hype. I’m starting to think that I should watch it as well. Are you familiar with other K-dramas? How different do you think the qualities are given the production is helmed by Netflix?

• #3896 Reply

Kam

“Kingdom” is not a K-Drama. Just because it’s a Korean show doesnt make it a K-drama so please stop calling it that.

• #3898 Reply

lumi

Oh, I didn’t know it followed a comic. Is Kingdom of the Gods visible somewhere ?

Reply To: K-Drama Kingdom is a Must See
Your information: