Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Polar Bear 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Polar Bear
    Keymaster

Do you like Korean food? Do you like comics? Robin Ha is then perhaps the person you ought to look into! She has been creating short webcomics on her Tumblr, Banchan in 2 Pages, for quite some time now. These colourful comics give you a step-by-step guide on who to make delicious Korean dishes in no time. The fun, colourful hand-drawn images, that accompany all steps, make cooking Korean that much more fun.

I’ve been looking through a few of her creations and I am planning to follow her recipe to make gochujeon (KR: 고추전). If you want to see the recipe for yourself, I embedded the Facebook post she shared on her Facebook page (perhaps you ought to give it a like?) of the recipe I’m talking about.

Furthermore, Robin Ha has also published (with Ten Speed Press) a recipe book. The entire book is in the style of the work she shared on her website. It is called “Cook Korean! A Comic Book with Recipes” and you can easily buy it on Amazon (when I wrote this, the price was: $19.99). Furthermore, if you prefer, you can also buy a Kindle version of the comic book for when you prefer e-books.

I am planning to write a more in-depth blog post on her, but I wanted to already share something with you all. Let me know what you think of Robin Ha’s work!

• #2972 Reply

Anonymous

I love Robin Ha’s illustrations and she lists the steps in a way that’s simple to follow. I’m going to order her book on Amazon as I need all the help I can get when it comes to cooking. Thanks for sharing this talented cartoonist.

• #3021 Reply

creampeach
    Participant

I appreciate what she does as recipes become much easier to follow with visual hints! It looks like South Korean dishes are the most complicated in the preparation steps, so I’m sure her comics will help a lot of people.

Polar Bear, do you think the recipes she made are close to the authentic tastes?

• #3024 Reply

Polar Bear
      Keymaster

Her recipes are quite authentic and similar to how my in-laws make some of those dishes. She did alter recipes here and there, but only because certain ingredients are not readily available outside Korea.

Reply To: Robin Ha’s Korean Recipe Comics
Your information: