Suggesting cities/areas to visit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

creampeach
      Participant

My friends and I were talking about visiting South Korea earlier today. We realized that we didn’t know much beyond Seoul, Busan, Jeju Island, and Nami Island. If we’ve already been to those popular destinations, which other places should we visit?

ViolaBlue
      Participant

What kind of content do you want to explore? If you are looking for modern stuff, then I suppose your destinations will be limited to the big cities. On the other hand, it seems like there are many more cultural sites to explore even in the vicinity of Seoul albeit less popular. (Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Since I didn’t know anyone in South Korea who could show me around, I went with a tour group which handled our visas, secured our transportation to different areas, and provided a translator at times. A visa isn’t a must if you’re just touring, but it sped up the entry process. We flew into Seoul and checked out the Gyeongbokgung Palace and did some shopping. We also explored the salt farms around Jeungdo, and took a submarine excursion in Udo. I felt a little rushed because there’s just so much to see and do, but I had a great time. The people I met in South Korea were incredibly kind!

creampeach
      Participant

Thank you for your replies! It’s great if we can balance the trip with modern landmarks, but I think we prefer to explore the cultural sites or natural spots of the country.

Udo seems so beautiful from the Google images! I need to visit it someday. Is there any place you want to visit again to explore deeper?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 20018-2019 Morning Lands. All rights reserved.